As an aspiring, experienced, or in-between actor, you need to put maximum effort into developing your craft as much as possible to stand out from the competition. You also need to hear from other actors — their experiences, challenges, and approaches to dealing with these issues.
Podcasts can be a fantastic resource to do these and more. You can listen while on a drive, on a walk, or while relaxing. What makes podcasts especially valuable is that you can learn, relax, and be entertained while on a busy schedule, as it doesn't require much effort on your part — just the desire to listen.
- Audrey Helps Actors.
- One Broke Actress.
- Audition Secrets with Justin Guarini.
- Sound Advice.
- Hometown to Hollywood.
Here are some podcasts we recommend that you listen to as an actor:
Just as the title suggests, Audrey Moore offers guidance, tips, and must-knows (along with a new industry expert each week) to help upcoming actors build a career they can be proud of.
Link: Audrey Helps Actors.
Here are some benefits of the Audrey Helps Actors Podcast:
- Learn from experienced actors: They say experience is the best teacher. Yet, you don't have to personally experience situations before you know how to approach and deal with them. With Audrey's podcast, you can learn from her personal experience or from any of her guests. This is because she constantly discusses situations that are typical in the industry and shares tips on how to handle them.
- Get a dose of motivation: If you've been hesitant to kickstart your acting journey, audition for a role, and so on, this podcast might just e the push you need. At times, Audrey talks about success stories from other actors who have achieved significant success from a leap of faith.
- It's free: It is common practice for Podcasts that offer value, such as this one, to charge a fee for listening. However, Audrey Helps Actor is a free podcast available to everyone!
Also Read: How to Audition for a Commercial?
Starting off a new career in acting can be tricky; it can be even tougher to leave your current career to switch to this dream. The mental drain, the physical stress, and worse of all, the financial burden!
Sam Valentine shares in her podcast the ways to get through it all. She advises, encourages, and uplifts her listeners, yet, she speaks the truth about the reality of being a struggling actor/actress.
Link: One Broke Actress.
Here are some benefits of the One Broke Actress Podcast:
- A guide for beginners: Sam addresses issues common in the acting industry without any sugarcoating. This helps you make an informed decision before diving into this career full-time.
- An honest perspective on real issues: If you're already in the industry, you will find that most of what is discussed in the podcast are issues you are familiar with. This helps you find solace in the fact that you are not alone. The success stories she shared also show you that despite the hurdles, you will eventually get to where you want to be.
You might also be interested in:
- Casting Calls in Boston,
- Reality TV Shows Casting 2023,
- Casting in Miami,
- Casting Calls in San Francisco.
The audition process can be daunting; however, with the right mentorship, you will have it easier than most.
Broadway superstar Justin Guarini takes his listeners on a journey of learning how to combat stage fright, avoid audition mistakes, and ultimately land the role.
Here are some benefits of the Audition Secrets with Justin Guarini Podcast:
- Learn from an expert: With 17 years of experience in the entertainment industry, Justin has amassed a wealth of knowledge, which he shares in his podcast. He also invites industry leaders, top actors, directors, and producers to exchange ideas, all for your benefit.
- Ace your audition: if you have not had success in past auditions, we recommend that you give this podcast a listen. This is because Justin helps you figure out what you may have been doing wrong and how to correct it within minutes of listening.
Also Read: How to Become a Bridal Model?
Seasoned voice-over professionals and coaches Kate McClanaghan and Jeff Finney are the hosts of this podcast.
They discuss the latest developments, exciting topics, and trends in the voice-acting industry. All of which are aimed at helping you become a tree voice actor.
Link: Sound Advice.
Here are some benefits of the Sound Advice Podcast:
- A guide to Voice Acting: if you are an aspiring voice actor, this podcast is a must-listen. Considering how different it is from the typical acting career, the hosts share guidelines and tips about the nooks and crannies of the voice acting profession to ensure your success therein.
- A sense of community: Voice acting isn't the most popular genre in acting. And it might feel a bit lonely, especially when you're just starting out. This podcast can help give you a sense of community and togetherness.
Bonnie J Wallace states on her website that with this podcast, she intends to educate and inspire young actors to ensure their best chance of success.
This podcast helps young actors navigate the challenging world of acting. Being a mother of a young and successful actress, Dove Cameron, Bonnie also helps parents of young actors understand the industry and succeed in it.
Link: Hometown to Hollywood.
Here are some benefits of the Hometown to Hollywood Podcast:
- Education, Inspiration, and Motivation: Bonnie understands that young actors and/or their parents are relatively new to the industry. For this reason, she discusses issues that improve their industry knowledge. She also ensures her listeners are in high spirits by discussing the success stories of young actors who made it despite the odds.
- Consultations and resources: Although Bonnie has stopped offering consultancy at the moment, she is the author of three books also aimed at improving the chances of success for young actors. These materials, as well as her podcast, can be invaluable to a young actor.
Also Read: How to Be a Model for Clothing Brands?
In this article, we've put together a list of some podcasts that are worth listening to as an aspiring actor.
Do you want to find casting calls near you? Sign up to allcasting.Com today to get started.