- How to become a face model for Maybelline?
- Do You Need Perfect Skin to Be a Face Model for Maybelline?
- How Much Do Face Models for Maybelline Get Paid?
- Face Model Requirements for Maybelline.
Face modeling, simply put is using pictures of the face and/or head to advertise, sell, and market products for a brand. Despite how dreamy it sounds, it is not an easy task.
However, if you want to build or are already building a career in this path, you may want to consider working with Maybelline as a face model. This is because working with a household name like Maybelline can do wonders for your growth.
If you think your face deserves to be on the body of a Maybelline makeup kit, keep reading because, in this article, we will cover all the things you need to do to be a face model at Maybelline.
You might also be interested in:
How to become a face model for Maybelline?
Maybelline New York is an American multinational cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, and personal care company, based in New York City founded in Chicago in 1914, and has been a subsidiary of French cosmetics company L'Oréal since 1996. It is the world's number-one cosmetics brand, available in over 129 countries. So if you are looking to become a model at Maybelline you are in luck because this is a good place to make your mark in the beauty and fashion business.
Read Also: How to Become a Model for H&M
Even with your ideal shaped face structure, there are still things you need to do to keep your face and nails looking young, clean, and free from blemishes such as;
- Drink a lot of water: taking a lot of clean, fresh water helps to keep the body hydrated clean and fresh as well as to maintain skin texture and structure.
- Good skincare: Use a skincare routine that suits your skin tone. An exfoliant once a week to keep your skin looking and feeling healthy. Also, try not to attempt just any product on your face without having it tested because there is a possibility that you will have a skin reaction that could ruin your model face.
- Healthy diet: Eating food that would not cause you to react like a rash or a swelling should be avoided. Or anything that could make your face look bulgy, cause a pimple or a spot as well.
- Use sunscreen: an SPF of at least 30 is the most effective way to prevent skin aging and prevent sun rays.
- Clear skin; If you want to be a beauty model, avoid getting facial piercings or tattoos unless you particularly want to be an alternative model; facial changes will hinder you from landing work for high street and luxury companies. They want a blank canvas that the general public can relate to.
- Clean nails: Sometimes, the poses you will have to make may require you to place your hand on your face, so you should not have nails that are too bright, long, or unclean. Going for manicures will help in maintaining good-looking nails. Keeping neutral colors is advisable.
- Keep fit: You will need to exercise to keep your body and face in shape to maintain that ideal facial structure. The best way to get rid of face fat is by getting rid of body pe fat.
- Rest; You should have at least 8 to 9 hours of sleep so you don't walk around with eyebags.
Do You Need Perfect Skin to Be a Face Model for Maybelline?
Starting your modeling career with just your face is a good way to make your mark. It is the most important aspect of your look, however, having good clear skin is what will get you in the business quicker.
Read Also: Good Signs After an Audition
It is a feature that stands out from the crowd and gains attention. It will also save the make-up artist time while working with clean skin, and it will make photographing after the session and editing easier. Knowing that face modeling focuses on your face, acne, wrinkles, and possibly scars will be difficult to work with and will need too much editing.
How Much Do Face Models for Maybelline Get Paid?
For Maybelline, there is no set salary. However, based on how popular the model is, their skills, the location, what is being marketed, and how much publicity they can earn will be important factors to determine how high they get paid.
Read Also: How to Become a Foot Model
Face Model Requirements for Maybelline
As a face model, you should use your facial characteristics to create a certain appearance. Using your eyes, lips, and face posture to express various looks is essential. During shoots, zoomed-in photos of face features will be captured, so it will be good to find out how to position these body parts free from your body. You can use a mirror to see how you seem when doing each position as a guide for progress. Also:
- A glowing complexion: Although there are a few celebrities that have some kind of imperfections, like Kendall Jenner, do not also forget that she also comes from a famous family which helped her get into the spotlight. Going in as someone who is just starting, you'll need all the good qualities you have which is a good skin, “perfect” teeth, and a sharp, defined jawline. High cheekbones will also help as this will help to emphasize make-up.
- Hair Maintenance: Your hair is also an important accessory, especially in face modeling. It is part of what you will use to get attention and frame your face. Make sure you get rid of split ends and have it conditioned and neat. It should also be in a natural color, so no pink or green. If you have bright or unusual hairstyles of colors, alternative modeling may be what you need.
- Confidence: You are going to need a lot of this before and after you get into the beauty industry. You will need to be comfortable in your skin because the photographer may be in your personal space. Some brands are promoting natural beauty recently, which means they are leaving their photos untouched. You also need to be comfortable with the odd blemish being shown to thousands of people.
Now that you know how to be a Maybelline face model, your next step should be finding a way to audition for Maybelline — this is the easiest part! Sign up at allcasting.com now to find an open audition with Maybelline and apply immediately.