- About H&M.
- What Models H&M Is Looking For?
- How Much Do H&M Models Get Paid?
- What Skills Do You Need to Become a H&M Model?
- What Body Do You Need to Be an H&M Model?
- Where to Find Casting Calls for H&M Models?
Model or not, by now, you already know of the H&M brand. You also know the effect it can have on your career, whether as a designer, photographer, or model.
However, if you are more interested in modeling for them, it’s your lucky day–in this article we will cover all the tips and tricks you need to know to become an H&M model.
Useful Link: How to Become a Foot Model
The Swedish company is usually on the hunt for new model talent every year and you can very much become one of the few models who can say they have worked with THE H&M. Let’s get started.
Full name; Hennes and Mauritz, H&M was founded in 1947. H&M has over 75 years of experience in the fashion industry and during this time, only a few brands have been able to go head-to-head with them. The brand currently has over 3000 active stores in 57 countries thereby making it a household name.
All of this makes H&M a dream place to work for models – both experienced and starters. This also means tight competition for available roles, so you have to know what they’re looking for, where, and finally, how you can make yourself the perfect candidate.
You might also be interested in:
- Casting for Commercials
- Acting Auditions in Miami
- Open Casting Calls in San Francisco
- Casting Calls in San Diego
H&M is a major brand that did not reach its top spot by working with sub-par models. While you don’t have to be the best out there, you do have to be the best you can be.
Also, for a company this big, it’s only reasonable that they give special preference to candidates with experience working with other big names. But, if you don’t have that experience, the next best option is to fulfill all their requirements.
Useful Link: How to Introduce Yourself in Audition
The pay for an H&M model ranges from $33,000 — $119,000. This salary depends on what type of modeling you are doing, how much it requires from you, and other technicalities. Of course, you can expect to make more if you do more.
The skills you need to become an H&M model are not much different from the skills you need to be a typical model. However, there are certain attributes you must possess to inspire confidence and the belief that you do deserve to work with H&M. Here are some of them:
- Confidence: your entire personality must ooze confidence, high self-esteem, and a can-do attitude. This shows that you know what you want and are determined to get it. With this, the brand can tell that you are a goal-getter just as they are. It also prevents superiors from seeing you as a pushover. So, this is a win all round.
- Photogenic attribute: Contrary to the general misconception that you’re either born with this attribute or not, you can train yourself to look good on camera. All you need is practice, dedication, and, a good camera. Practice poses and styles that showcase your good side in the camera, and eventually in the actual picture. This is because being photogenic is a key feature every model must possess.
- Communication skills: It is important that you are able to express yourself in the best way possible. This can range from offering suggestions to simply stating that you’re more comfortable with a particular pose. This shows the brand that you aren’t a novice, rather, you know the onions and apples of the job,
- Healthy lifestyle and outlook: To guarantee your chances of landing a role with H&M, you have to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This goes from eating habits to daily exercises. The bottom line is you have to look your very best if you want to work with the very best.
Even if you feel like you are a perfect fit for the role, you also have to look like it. This means your confidence and self-esteem can take you far but it’s your looks that will really get you there. So as a face model, you need to look good enough to be a face model, likewise as a full-body model, you need to look the part. Hence, before you apply for a position, make sure it's within your forte.
Useful Link: How to Become a Hand Model
Luckily, in most of the casting calls, they specify what sort of body they are looking for. If they need a plus-size model, this is usually stated, likewise, if they need a muscular 6ft male model, and so on. Due to how big their consumer base is, they always look for models with diverse body sizes and appearances. Find the one that’s right for you and apply
To find casting calls for a brand as big as H&M is easier than you think. While agencies do make it easier to connect with the decision-makers, they aren’t an entirely necessary factor in landing modeling gigs with the big names.
An easier way is through websites like Allcasting. Here, you can find casting calls from huge brands in general, not just H&M. Some of which include NYFW, Nike, Sephore and GAP. All you have to do is find a casting call from a brand you’ve always wanted to work with and apply. And just like that you too can be a model for a brand like H&M.