- When Is The 'Harry Potter TV Series' Coming Out?
- Who Is The Casting Director of 'Harry Potter (2024)'?
- Who Is Playing in 'Harry Potter (2024)'?
- Who Will Play the Main Role in 'Harry Potter (2024)'?
- How Old Do You Have to Be to Audition for Harry Potter?
- Where Will 'Harry Potter TV Series' be Filmed?
- How to Find 'Harry Potter (2024)' Casting Call?
- Role Requirements for Harry Potter (2024).
- How to Prepare for the 'Harry Potter (2024)' Casting Call?
- Where Will the Casting for 'Harry Potter (2024)' Take Place?
- 'Harry Potter (2024)' - Official Trailer.
The wizarding world, the school of Hogwarts, and the adventurous trio had, and still have, a significant impact on pop culture, entertainment, and numerous industries. The original books by JK Rowling were already a best seller, but the revival of the books into cinema was very well received, up to the point that the profit realized from the venture helped JK Rowling reach billionaire status.
And now, there has been confirmation that there will be a new series that will span for ten years, with each season based on one of the seven books. It will revisit the magical stories in a similar but unique dimension.
What's more, you or your ward can be the next Harry Potter. Keep reading to find out how!
There are no officially confirmed dates for when the Harry Potter series will be released. However, we expect its release on MAX by 2025/26.
The Casting Director for the upcoming Harry Potter series has yet to be officially confirmed. However, we do know that the casting team is going to be posting casting calls on social media, scouting local drama theaters, and reaching out to child talent agencies — This is according to Nicole Tasker, award-winning founder of Hero Group Talent Agency, in an interview with The Times.
Currently, there is limited information on the main and supporting cast for the upcoming series. And this is a good thing. It means you or your ward still have the opportunity to be among the lead characters in Harry Potter.
This question is still unanswered, and that's a good thing. This means you or your ward still have the opportunity to take on the role of the sensational Harry Potter or any of his cronies.
We expect that the main roles will be played by young children, typically within the age of ten, as is written in the books. For instance, Daniel Radcliffe was only 11 years old when he played Harry Potter in the first movie, Emma Watson was 10-11, and Rupert Grint was 12 years old when they played Hermione and Ron, respectively. Thus, the person(s) who will play lead roles in the series will have attributes similar to the cast of the book or movie series.
You might also be interested in:
For now, the exact location of the upcoming Harry Potter series has not been confirmed by any of the production studios. However, it is most likely that the locations will be the same (or similar) as the locations of the books and original films. These were:
- And the legendary King's Station in London, where the Platform 9 3/4 scenes were filmed.
Despite the fact that casting is yet to begin for the upcoming series, there are still certain tips that will be relevant to help you find the casting call when it's available:
- Find relevant agencies that deal with child actors and sign up with them,
- Regularly keep tabs on the social media of the production studios and J.K Rowling, as well,
- Sign up for casting websites such as allcasting.com,
- Join Local drama groups.
We expect that the requirements for the upcoming series will be similar to the requirements for the original films. Note that these requirements will be based on the tile you decide to take, for example:
- For the role of Harry Potter, the actor must be a boy at the age of 10. He must be of average height or small for his age.
- For Hermione, she must be a girl of the same age, and so on.
- For Professor Dumbledore, the actor must be an elderly adult man.
These are just examples of how the role requirements will be once they are out. To see the complete list, you will have to wait for the casting call to be posted.
Casting for the new Harry Potter series is set to begin in January 2024. In the meantime, here's what you need to do so you are fully prepared when the casting calls are available:
- Maximize your knowledge of Potter lore: Even though reading the Harry Potter books will definitely give you an advantage, you don't have to. However, you must be well-versed in this world. This includes watching or rewatching all the original movies and staying up-to-date on the latest news within the magical world. P.S. You should also sign up for fan websites such as Mugglenet.com, wizardingworld.com, and so on to improve your appreciation and knowledge of the franchise.
- Read the casting call information carefully: Before proceeding with your application for the upcoming Harry Potter series, you should have initially gone over the casting call multiple times. This helps you confirm if you are going to be a suitable candidate. It also gives you the opportunity to see aspects of yourself you may need to work on to make you a better fit for the role you wish to apply to.
- Improve your Improv skills: It is likely that you will be asked to come up with something on the spot at the audition. This may also include performing a sight piece—a random script you may never have seen before, so make sure to practice as much as you are able.
Since many details, such as where filming will take place, are still under wraps, we can only conclude that the most feasible location for casting will be the location where filming will take place. This means if filming is going to happen in the heart of England, London, casting is also likely to take place in the same location.
The upcoming Harry Potter series is yet to have an official trailer as it's still in its earliest stage of development. However, here's the official teaser announcement from Max's official X (FKA Twitter) handle, which was posted.