- What is Stranger Things 4 About?
- Is Stranger Things Season 5 Doing Casting Calls?
- Who Is in the Cast of "Stranger Things 5"?
- How Do You Become a Cast of Stranger Things 5?
- When is the 'Stranger Things 5' Coming Out?
- Where Can You Find "Stranger Things 5" Casting Calls and Auditions?
- Who Is the Casting Director for "Stranger Things 5"?
- Stranger Things 5 Role Requirements.
- 'Stranger Things 5' - Official Trailer.
- Audition Tips for Landing a Role on "Stranger Things 5"?
The Netflix original hit series, which first premiered in 2016, took the entertainment world by storm. It plummeted to the top spot as the most-watched series of all time on the streaming platform, eventually overtaken by Wednesday and then Squid Game, respectively.
The supernatural adventures of the gang of kids in the early 1980s turned out to be a fan favorite with how well-received the first seasons were. Since then, we have witnessed impressive character growth, new characters, and epic plot twists. All of this has led to a clamor for information on the next season.
Well, we've got you covered. Read on to find out when the new season will be released, the cast we expect to see, and most importantly, how to get cast in the upcoming season of the Stranger Things series.
(Warning!!! Spoilers below)
Originally released on May 27, 2022, the 4th season of the Stranger Things series was aired in two volumes, with the second volume aired on July 1, 2022.
It follows the unnatural adventures of the kids from Hawkins, except now, they aren't all in the small town of Hawkins. Eleven and Will Byers have moved to California with Joyce after the supposed death of Jim Hopper.
In addition to this, the gang is now more divided than ever. Dustin, Lucas, Max, and Steve all have individual things going on, which gives a new perspective to the series.
However, they don't stay separated for long as they eventually have to team up to fight the latest threat from the Upside Down, a powerful being named Vecna.
Eleven also journeys to recover her powers — this journey compels her to face her dark past at the National Laboratory in Hawkins.
You might also be interested in:
Eventually, the team defeats Vecna; however, Will Byers mentions that he can still sense his presence at the end of the season. This means we might be seeing a comeback of the same villain in the upcoming season.
Overall, the 4th season of the Stranger Things series was filled with many major and minor plot lines to keep the audience hooked throughout.
Yes. The upcoming season is still accepting submissions from candidates who wish to be a part of the series. However, in an interview with Indiewire, the Duffer brothers, who are in charge of writing, producing, and directing the series, announced that they are not hoping to enlist any new characters for major roles in the upcoming season.
This means that while you may not have a shot at becoming a lead character, you can have a chance at playing a minor role.
As we said earlier, it is not likely that there will be new additions to the original cast, which means the cast in the upcoming season will mostly be the faces we've seen before, including:
- Millie Bobby Brown as Eleven.
- Caleb McLaughlin as Lucas Sinclair.
- Noah Schnapp as Will Byers.
- Gaten Matarazzo as Dustin Henderson.
- David Harbour as Jim Hopper.
- Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers.
- Finn Wolfhard as Mike Wheeler.
- Natalia Dyer as Nancy Wheeler.
- Joe Keery as Steve Harrington.
- Charlie Heaton as Jonathan Byers.
You can have your name forever listed as one of the cast members of the upcoming and final season of the Stranger Things series — but you need to do some things first:
- Do research about any open casting calls — check casting websites, check related social media, and follow the latest trends and news about the upcoming season.
- Watch all previous seasons to be updated and informed on all there is to know about the series.
- Study the casting call, and make sure you check all required boxes before applying.
- When you find roles you are a fit for, apply appropriately.
Per IMDb, the expected release date for Stranger Things is 2025. However, it should be noted that the dates are still very flexible and can be changed in the future.
Big movies/ series such as Stranger Things typically have a rigid approach to selecting candidates to join the cast. For this reason, successful candidates usually apply through the help of an agent. However, there are now other ways to find and apply to casting calls. Some of these are:
- Through casting websites such as allcasting.com.
- Through Social media handles of the Casting Director, the Production Studio, etc.
- Through media outlets that deal with entertainment news, pop culture, and so on.
Carmen Cuba is in charge of casting for Stranger Things 5, as she has been the one doing the casting since the series first premiered in 2016. She is also a producer. She has been the casting director for other major Hollywood hits, including "Obi-Wan Kenobi" and "The Martian," among others.
Stranger Things 5 Role Requirements
To be cast in the Stranger Things series, you have to meet specific criteria that are exclusive to the category you fall in. They include:
- Must be at least 18 and above years old.
- Shorter haircuts for females.
- Longer haircuts for males.
- The parents have to have obtained a Georgia Department Of Labor account prior to application.
- Must be within 0-17 years of age.
- Must be able to undergo haircut changes if necessary.
Once you have found the category that suits you, ready your headshot or selfie picture and submit your form.
There hasn't been a release of a trailer for the upcoming season of the Stranger Things series by any of the production studios involved.
However, you can check out this fan-made concept teaser trailer that features familiar scenes from season 4.
Since it is most likely that casting will be done for minor roles, you have a higher chance of getting cast. The first and most important tip to ensuring you land a role in the upcoming season is to watch all the previous seasons in the series. This way, you know what you're getting into and can highlight roles you will be a suitable fit for. Some other audition tips include:
- Thoroughly examine the casting call to ensure you are a fit.
- Practice before the audition.
- Ready your resume and portfolio.
Finally, you need to look for casting calls to the auditions. Check out our website, allcasting.com, to find and apply to casting calls for the upcoming Stranger Things 5 once it's publicly available.